American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) defines physical therapy as the care and services provided by a Physical Therapist to patients/clients who have physical functional limitations resulting from injury, disease or other causes.
The practice of occupational therapy is the therapeutic use of occupations, including everyday life activities with individuals, groups, populations or organizations to support participation. Occupational therapy addresses the physical, cognitive, psychosocial, sensory-perceptual, and other aspects of performance in a variety of contexts and environments to support engagement in occupations that affect physical and mental health, well-being, and quality of life.
The American Speech, Language and Hearing Association (ASHA) defines the overall objective of speech-language pathology services as the optimization of individuals’ ability to communicate and swallow, thereby improving quality of life. Speech-language pathologists serve individuals, families and groups from diverse linguistic and cultural backgrounds.
More Than Rehabilitation
In the same way that you are much more than the physical and cognitive problem you present, Outreach Physical and Occupational Therapy and Speech Rehabilitation offers you more than just therapy. We treat the total human being, creating a treatment plan that is relative to the context of your life style, environment, home attendants and family. We work together with medical practitioners to restore—as quickly as possible—your former level of functioning.
Strive towards independence. Regain your confidence with therapists you can trust!
Outreach offers more than just rehabilitation. We are committed to expert and compassionate care with the goal of your complete well-being. Professionally trained licensed therapists work one to one with patients — designing a unique treatment plan specific to your needs and lifestyle — conveniently booking appointments to accommodate your schedule.
Did you know?
- Outreach serves at-home patients in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens and sections of Long Island and the Bronx
- Initial evaluations will be conducted as soon as 24-48 hours after the receipt of an MD, Nurse Practitioner and/or Podiatrist’s prescription
- We accept the following insurance providers, including but not limited to:
In network: Medicare Part B and United Health Care
Out of network: Cigna, Aetna and Oxford
- Outreach Physical, Occupational Therapy and Speech Rehabilitation provides monthly updates of patients’ progress
- Our therapists’ contact information is available to healthcare providers and family members (abiding by HIPPA guidelines)
- Provide therapy in out-patient clinic ( see address within contact us page) for those who choose or will achieve the best functional outcome in this setting
- Work in partnership with Silver Stars Fitness: after discharge from Physical or Occupational Therapy we recommend you participate in a regular exercise regimen which will be reviewed during course of treatment and upon discharge from therapy
Improve your overall functioning, boost your confidence and ultimately return to wellness. If you suffer from a chronic condition, relapse or have experienced a recent injury, we are eager to be of service.
All of this with patience and compassion.