Improving Your Quality of Life
If your functioning has diminished, our strategic and directed therapy can help improve your daily life by making all your activities easier. We teach you how to strengthen weak muscles, correct imbalances and become more stable with every step you take. We work towards improving limitations in daily self care, speech and language deficits and swallowing limitations. If needed and or required, we keep your medical professional, social worker and family updated on your progress, so that everyone is informed.
- Pain (acute or chronic)
- Muscular weakness
- Limited range of motion
- Balance and coordination deficits
- Difficulty negotiating stairs
- Trouble sitting up or getting out of bed
- Recurrent falls or fear of falling
- Unstable walking
- Cognitive Deficits
- Limitations in daily self care
- Speech and Language deficits
- Swallowing limitations
- Recent hospitalization that requires at-home rehabilitation or outpatient Clinic services
- Post-surgery, post CVA’s, or hospitalization, requiring at-home rehabilitation or outpatient Clinic services
- Work, leisure or sport-related injuries
- Chronic illnesses including, but not limited to Multiple Sclerosis, arthritis, Parkinson’s disease, osteoporosis, dementia and post polio syndrome
After a referral by your medical professional, we assess and evaluate your condition and determine how best to help you. Our emphasis is on making your rehabilitation both productive and fun, so you are motivated to continue your home treatment program daily.
A rapid return to your former self is our professional goal. We are partners in your rehabilitation and bring both patience and kindness to each session. To determine if at-home rehabilitation or the outpatient Clinic is appropriate for you, your patient, or for a loved one, please contact your health care practitioner or call Outreach directly at: 212-842-0080.